Saturday, January 29, 2011

Amazing!

At the end of Caleb's second grade year, they had built another special needs school on the other side of the valley. I was devastated, his teacher, Penny, was so awesome with him, and was moving over there, and I was not too thrilled with who he was going to have. Luckily at the end of the summer I got a call from his Kindergarten teacher, Dolly, to let me know, that with only a few kindergartners coming in, she would be able to take on Caleb's class too. I was thrilled. By the third day, Nancy (in picture below) who is one of the aides, told me she had already fallen in love with Caleb. She is so amazing and awesome with him. Dolly retired at the end of the school year, and he got a new teacher, but lucky for us, we got to keep Nancy. She is so good to him, she doesn't let him get away with doing whatever he wants, I attribute so much of his progress to her. The other aides call Caleb her little shadow, everywhere she goes, Caleb is usually following. I never have to worry when I send him off to school, she not only respects him, but she loves him, what more could a mother want?
Everyday she writes in his little notebook what they did for the day. I never know what I am going to find when I open it up. He can be quite the grump somedays. The other day she sent home a note that just made my day.
It read "Caleb made my day by giving me a great big hug, he sang in my ear, and basically made me the happiest person ever."
How could that not make me happy?? We are very lucky and blessed to have someone as amazing as Nancy in our lives. Now if we could just keep her until he is 21!!!!








No comments: